What is the SAP?
The Skill Acquisition Phase program (SAP) has been developed by the FFA to perfect and accelerate the skill development of both Boys and Girls at the critical ages of 9 to 12. This age group is universally acknowledged to be the optimal mental and physical phase in which children learn motor skills.
- To ensure players have the necessary technical ‘tools’ or functional game skills, so that they have an improved opportunity to play at a higher level whilst continuing to develop a love for the game.
- To assist clubs in the development of players and coaches, with a view to ensuring the longevity and quality of teams that will progress through the club.
The Skill Acquisition Phase program focuses on the development of four core (functional game) skills:
- Striking the ball (Passing/Shooting/Crossing/Heading)
- First Touch (Receiving)
- 1v1 (Attack and Defence)
- Running with the ball
Positioning and Communication amongst other Key Principles of the game underpin every session in connection with the core skills shown above.
Wide Bay 2018 SAP Program
Boys and girls aged between 9 and 12 will be able to participate in the SAP Program from term 1, 2018.
These sessions will take place right across the zone with programs in Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Maryborough and Gympie under the watchful eye of a FFA/AFC Qualified Coach.
- SAP sessions will take place on Monday and Wednesday nights right across the season, with 3 regional carnivals being held at the end of Terms 1, 2, 3 & 4;
- SAP costs are $120 per term, which includes the uniform;
- Players will still be able to train and play with their local club;
- All players will get a SAP Kit to wear for training and carnivals.
If you are interested, please complete the below expression of interest form.