Football Queensland Official Updates
Last Updated: 12:30pm April 6 2021
Last Reviewed: No further updates as at 12:30pm April 6 2021
Football Queensland and Football Australia are continuing to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the impact on football participation.
Updates will be issued when new information becomes available.
View the latest updates below.
FOOTBALL QUEENSLAND UPDATE ON EASING OF GREATER BRISBANE RESTRICTIONS
Following today’s announcement by the Queensland Government of the lifting of lockdown restrictions in the Greater Brisbane area from 12pm today, Thursday 1 April, Football Queensland (FQ) has issued an update for all participants and clubs.
The suspension of football activity in the Greater Brisbane area will be lifted from 12pm today and in line with the easing of restrictions, clubs may recommence training sessions from this afternoon.
Due to the break in regular season fixtures over the Easter weekend, FQ will support the decision of clubs who choose to recommence training sessions from Thursday afternoon onwards. Participants should check their local club’s website and social media channels for updates on training sessions.
Participants who have been in the Greater Brisbane area since March 20 and are now located outside of Brisbane will also be able to participate in football activity from 12pm today.
As football recommences across the state, clubs and participants are reminded of the requirement to follow the Queensland Government restrictions currently in place. Queenslanders must carry a mask at all times when leaving home, and these masks must be worn in all indoor venues such as clubhouses. It is also strongly recommended that masks are worn outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
Clubs serving food and drinks must also ensure that patrons are seated at all times and are abiding by the 2 square metre social distancing rule.
Clubs and participants are also reminded of the other COVID safe requirements including checking in on entry via a QR code, personal hygiene measures and not attending any football activities if unwell.
The TSP and SAP Carnivals scheduled to be held this Saturday, 3 April in Wide Bay and Townsville will proceed as planned, with additional COVID safe measures in place.
This weekend’s FFA Cup and Kappa Women’s Super Cup matches will also proceed as scheduled as will those being played in regional Queensland this week, however the FFA Cup and Kappa Women’s Super Cup matches scheduled to be played in the Greater Brisbane area tonight will remain postponed.
Visit the Queensland Government website for more information on the current restrictions.
Chief Executive Officer
- 29th – FQ statement on suspension of all football activity in Greater Brisbane area
- 5th – FQ extends QR code solution to attendance tracking
- 12th – FQ guidance for futsal clubs and participants in Greater Brisbane
- 11th – FQ update on easing of Greater Brisbane restrictions
- 8th – FQ statement in response to Greater Brisbane lockdown
- 15th – Queensland Government releases Community Gathering and Sporting Event Guidelines
- 9th – Updated COVID Safe Plan for Field Sports released
- 13th – Updated Return to Play guidelines and FAQs released
- 8th – Football Queensland makes attendance tracking easy with QR code for clubs
- 3rd – FQ releases updated Return to Play guidelines
- 5th – FQ releases updated Return to Training guidelines
- 4th – COVID Safe Plan approved for football in Queensland
- 31st – Football Queensland update on training return
- 25th – COVID SAFE Active Clubs Kickstart funding applications open
- 24th – FQ welcomes Queensland Government COVID-19 Restart Package for sport
- 18th – Football Queensland releases Return to Training guidelines and resources
- 13th – FQ working with Queensland Government to facilitate return to football
- 13th – FFA Circular: Game plan for resuming grassroots football in Australia
- 11th – FQ welcomes release of roadmap to easing restrictions
- 2nd – Football Queensland continues to step up planning for season restart
- 27th – FQ outlines support for Federal Government’s COVIDSafe app
- 1st – Queensland football competitions could resume from July 2020
- 31st – Stimulus packages and support for Queensland clubs and zones
- 21st – FQ CEO Robert Cavallucci’s message to the football community
- 19th – FQ confirms postponement of state-wide events
- 17th – FQ statement on the suspension of football activity
- 17th – FFA update: COVID-19 impact on grassroots football
- 16th – FFA Circular: COVID-19
- 16th – Football Queensland update on COVID-19
- 13th – FFA statement on COVID-19 impact on football this weekend
- 13th – Football Queensland confirms postponement of SAP carnival
- 6th – FFA update on the coronavirus (COVID-19)