BUCCS FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Under 9-12 Squads (Skills Acquisition Phase)
SAP (Skill Acquisition Phase) is a key component of Football Federation Australia’s National Curriculum, designed to accelerate the skill development of identified players between the critical ages of 9 to 12.
The Buccs Football Academy will offer programs for players in the U9, U10, U11 and U12 age groups in the Fraser Coast and Bundaberg. The program will run parallel to the Wide Bay Buccaneers FQPL season. The Skill Acquisition Phase program serves to prepare players to enter the FQPL with the Wide Bay Buccaneers.
As this is the golden age of motor learning, it is important to give players access to good quality training environments close to home, which focus on the development of game related functional skills. These are the technical skills a player needs to perform effectively during a match.
Under 13-16 Extension Squad
Four players from each junior age group (under 13, 14, 15, 16) will be coached with the Wide Bay Buccaneers Queensland Premier League Squads for the duration of the season. These players will remain registered with their clubs and may get the opportunity to play with in the QPL as an invited player ONLY if the coach requires additional players throughout the season.
CLICK HERE for the 2019 Calendar.
- To ensure players have the necessary technical ‘tools’ or functional game skills, so that they have an improved opportunity to play at a higher level whilst continuing to develop a love for the game.
- To assist clubs in the development of players and coaches, with a view to ensuring the longevity and quality of teams that will progress through the club.
The Skill Acquisition Phase program focuses on the development of four core (functional game) skills:
- Striking the ball (Passing/Shooting/Crossing/Heading)
- First Touch (Receiving)
- 1v1 (Attack and Defence)
- Running with the ball
- Fraser Coast and Bundaberg
- Training twice a week – Monday and Wednesday nights right across the season;
- $220 per season (+$99 for uniforms)
- Players will still be able to train and play with their local club;
If you are interested for 2020, please complete the below expression of interest form.